All our therapists are fully vaccinated for your and our protection.
COVID UPDATE – We’re Fully Vaccinated
Updated September 23, 2021
As a reminder to all our patients who have scheduled appointments- please call to cancel and reschedule your appointment if you feel unwell in any way or have potentially encountered anyone who may have Covid and/or Covid symptoms.
Niagara Therapeutics Team will continue to ensure the safety of all our patients and ourselves during this time. Our extensive cleaning and Covid screening protocols will continue.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns at 905-788-3214.
We all wish to thank everyone for their understanding, co operation and support during these unusual times.
The Niagara Therapeutics Team.
What’s New and What to Expect at Niagara Therapeutics
Niagara Therapeutics Inc will look a little different than the last time you came into our clinic. We have been busy making some necessary changes to ensure your protection and safety, as well as the protection of our Therapists. We have gone above and beyond to ensure our clinic is safe, clean, protected and comfortable for everyone. We want everyone to enter our space knowing they are safe, protected and supported with no detail overlooked.
New Policies & Procedures within the Clinic
We have implemented some new policies and procedures within the clinic to ensure everyone’s protection.
- Glass enclosure surrounding the reception area has been built and installed for privacy and protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has been stocked and will be worn by our Therapists based on The Ministry of Health and each of our governing body’s guidelines.
- Disinfection protocols will remain in effect within the clinic with increased frequency. Detailed checklists have been provided to our team to ensure nothing is overlooked.
- The waiting room will look a bit different, as we are adhering to physical distancing measures and removing extra chairs and all written literature from the waiting room. We will have no more than 1 person in the waiting room at a time and 1 chair.
- We have made changes to our schedules to stagger our appointment bookings to avoid multiple patients in the clinic at the same time. This also allows us the enough time for proper cleaning measures between appointments. By doing so, also means we are not at full booking capacity, so we request your patience as we are expecting wait lists. Our team must adhere to doing our best to “flatten the curve” which means a very gradual return to treating.
- Clinical supplies have been purchased such as: forehead thermometer, vinyl pillows, increased supply of disinfectant and PPE, paper towels replacing cloth towels.
- Hand Sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the clinic.
New Changes for Our Clients/Patients
- We will be requesting all clients entering our facility to have a mask (any type is acceptable). If you do not have a mask you will be provided one at our clinic – disposable $3, cloth $5. If you have any questions or concerns about this new policy, please speak with us prior to coming in.
- Signage will be placed at the Front Door and throughout the clinic – please take a moment to read them before entering our clinic.
- Arriving for your scheduled appointment: we will be allowing only 1 person in our waiting room at a time. Prior to entering, please check if anyone else is in the waiting room. If so, there will be chairs provided outside or remain in your vehicle until that person leaves the office. We will try our best to monitor the waiting room/reception desk and come out to get you once we can ensure physical distancing and screening measures between patients. We request assistance from all patients when entering the clinic to adhere to the physical distancing measures put in place.
- Arrive alone for your appointment: unless it is necessary to have assistance, we are requesting that only people who have scheduled appointments come into the clinic.
- Hand sanitizing station will be located at the front door-please use it as soon as you arrive.
- Forehead Temperature: New consent forms will be provided to each client that gives consent for the Therapists at Niagara Therapeutics to check your forehead temperature prior to the treatment to ensure no fever is present for added safety and security.
- Each Therapist’s temperature will be taken at home prior to arriving at the clinic and recorded every morning. In the event of either the Therapist or Client having an elevated temperature the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Covid Screening Form: each client on their initial appointment, will be asked to fill out a covid questionnaire with screening questions regarding covid symptoms. Prior to your second and subsequent appointments, the questions will be verbal, accompanied by a recorded forehead temperature check.
- We retain the right to reschedule the appointment if anyone arrives to the clinic exhibiting any symptoms of illness or answers yes to any of the covid screening questions.
- Each Patient will be brought immediately into the treatment room where your assessment and treatment will be performed.
- At the end of each Treatment: Your Therapist will request that you open the door once ready but remain in the treatment room. Your Therapist will ensure the reception area is available then bring you out to discuss and reschedule your next appointment.
- Forms of Payment & Receipts: Debit, cheque or cash remains the preferred method of payment. The POS machine will be properly sanitized after each use. Receipts can be printed and provided to you or emailed.
- Each client will be asked to use the hand sanitizing station prior to exiting the clinic.
Changes to Fee Schedule-Effective June 15, 2020
- An increase of $5 per treatment will be in effect as of June 15, 2020.
- Niagara Therapeutics have implemented all the necessary precautions set out by The Ministry of Health and each of our Governing Bodies. This has allowed us to reopen and treat our patients in a safest way possible, and as a result, there has been a significant cost to these added measures.
Changes to Our Cancellation Policy due to Covid 19
- Our 24-hour late cancellation policy will be waived if you cancel with less than 24 hrs notice due to illness or suspected illness.
- Missed appointments or late cancellations-not illness related (less than 24 hrs notice) will incur a charge of 50% of the treatment fee.
This worldwide pandemic has created many changes for all of us. The best we can do for the safety and comfort of all of us is to do what we can to “flatten the curve”. We can get through this together and we will be a better world for it!
The Team at Niagara Therapeutics Inc.